Saturday, November 7, 2009

WTF?!?

There was lots of this for both teams today. (AP photo)

I listened to KU-K State while raking nature's bounty of leaves off my lawn early this afternoon. Then I went to run errands and spend my birthday money. I only heard snatches of the Missouri-Baylor game. So I sit down to blog tonight, needing to look up the score of the game. While waiting for my computer to get hooked into the WiFi system, I pulled out my Blackberry and went to ESPN. There, waiting for me was the surprise of the day--out loud in public I uttered in surprise, "What?!?" Because the final score was 40-32--Baylor.

It looks like a defense optional pass fest, with footballs flying all over the field in Columbia. Blaine Gabbart passed for 468 yards and 2 touchdowns. Baylor's QB, Nick Florence, a freshman, passed for 433 yards and 3 touchdowns. Neither QB had a pick. Neither team could run. Even after pulling out the minus yards for quarterback sacks, each team had less than 50 yards rushing. All this in Columbia, which is especially galling for Tiger fans. Upsets like this just don't happen at your own house.
Missouri now is in last place in the Big 12 North. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment