Friday, October 29, 2010

Glad to Be Wrong

Earlier this year I was ready to consign the New York football Giants to the dumpster because they were losing and looking ugly doing it. No defense, no running game and Eli Manning with happy feet and an erratic arm. I am happy to report that the Giants have won three in a row, including a drubbing of those Cowboys in Dallas and are in a position to be in control of the NFC East. Yup, happy to be wrong here.

Also, I wrote that the University of Missouri's football team was "average," beating the bad teams of the Big 12 but having no signature wins against powers. Well, last Saturday the Tigers beat Oklahoma. I am happy about that win, secured with fine defense and timely offense. If the Tigers can beat Nebraska up in Lincoln--well, now, wouldn't that be something? And I am completely happy to admit that I was wrong to call them average.

You don't always have to be right, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment