Saturday, August 20, 2011

Practice Games Are Useless to Fans

Well, another round of practice NFL games is in the books and I am not sure I know any more about the Chiefs, Giants or any of my favorite NFL teams than I did before they played these games.

Oh, I can tell a few things: The Chiefs are still troubled by offensive, defensive line problems and still have not found a capable receiver to line up opposite Dwayne Bowe or a back up QB we can really trust. Also we have found out that first round pick WR Baldwin is a twit and a diva.

It does offend me, as it does many others, that the clubs charge full freight for these games. To me they should cut the price of everything but food, alcohol and souvenirs for the games. Get a good atmosphere, couple it with a decent team, and you will get fans to come because they will get hooked on the experience. Make it great: make the practice games, which are "lite"anyway the equivalent of the "free" version of an iPhone app, wetting the desire for the real and full thing.

Just sayin.'

No comments:

Post a Comment